Monday, 12 March 2012

1457 Miles to Go!

 We are finally off! Our road trip down the east coast has begun....I think! Life never goes as planned ...exactly. Our original plan was to leave in mid February, drive to Utah to visit Sarah and her family for a while and then head south to the Gulf Coast for an exploration of that area. Lots of things have changed since February. We did spend time with Sarah and the kids. It was delightful and very busy. Flying seemed to make more sense at the time. Flexibilty and patience are good attributes for sure and aging helps sharpen these skills. Today, the weather here in North Hero is incredibly warm for this time of year. I have been packing for days, getting our little 17 ft Casita ready to roll. This little RV has a very comfy bed, a workable kitchen and a small dinette...just perfect for the two of us.  Tonight we'll load our kayaks, bicycles, fishing gear and even John's motorcycle into the van and be ready to leave before the sun is up. We are hoping to make it to Richmond, Va. by late tomorrow night.  We need to arrive at Curry Hammock State Park in the Keys by Thursday. The  trip down I95 is quite the experience....John and I love to drive. We listen to music, chat quite a bit and observe life along the road. Our American culture shifts and changes as we travel from northern Vermont to the southern tip of Florida. I am planning to relay some of our observations on my blog. So keep checking in every once in a while. I'll have my ipad with me and would love to hear your thoughts and news.  bskutel@ gmail.com

 Here we are loading up Monday night. Our adventure is about to begin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment